- 1 suitcase that you can carry….no larger than a medium size (26 – 27”)
- 1 small tote bag/carryon to be stored on the bus in the overhead compartment
- small carry on (backpack size or small 6-pack cooler for under your feet)
- Small blanket & pillow allowed (no sharing)
- Drinks in plastic container with screw top bottles. No cans, cups with lids, plastic juice pouch or glass containers are allowed.
- Photo ID this is required at some places like the Naval Academy
- Small umbrella, rain coat, or poncho.
- Walking shoes-no flip-flops on all day walks!! Bring good shoes!!
- Jacket and/or sweatshirt. Senior tee shirt for the Senior Trip photo.
- 1 dress outfit (dress code applies) - Khakis and a dress or polo shirt for guys & a dress or pant suit for girls (spray on wrinkle reducer will help save you ironing). No tee shirts and jeans please for the cruise!!
- DVD movies rated PG-13
- School dress code applies with small exceptions. If you are asked to change just do it…..don’t argue
- You must wear shoes at all times on the Dinner Cruise. They do not allow you to take off your shoes so when dressing keep this in mind.
- The Pizza place is a restaurant and you never know if before we get there a glass has been dropped on. So we suggest that you keep your shoes on there too!
- Minimum $100 Maximum $200…. you have 6 meals to buy and any snacks. Also money for any souvenirs that you may purchase on the trip.
- Employees at our National Historical Areas take their jobs very seriously. Do what they ask you to do and always be respectful even if you don’t like it.
- When on the streets of DC remember you are in a public area with a diverse population so watch your comments…..no racial slurs
- Be nice to everyone!! We want people to compliment your class!!
- Friday before and Monday after attendance is mandatory unless you have a doctor’s note
Smoking & Dipping
- There is NO smoking or dipping allowed on the trip. This is a tobacco free trip.
- All hotel rooms are smoke free rooms. There is a large hotel fine ($200.00) if you smoke in the room that will be billed to all students in the room for a cleaning cost to refresh the room by the hotel. Also dipping on the bus will incur a clean up fee.
- If a student is caught using tobacco at any time on the trip then they will be subject to disciplinary actions listed in the student hand book and/or determined by the school administration.
Things you will be sent home for-
- Drugs (possession or use) we will call the police and have you tested, They will deal with you
- Alcohol (possession or use) we will test you
- Nudity and/or sexual activity
Other things for you to remember or do
- NO KNIVES – These will be taken and not given back to you
- If you eat someplace other than an fast food restaurant please remember to tip 15% to 20%
- Bring your own Tylenol and sunscreen. Turn in all prescription medication to teacher when you first check in.
- If you remove things from the hotel you are responsible for the cost of any missing hotel staples or fixtures.
- Keep your ID with you at all times.
While we are on the Trip
- Be on time. If you are late then everyone misses out because we have to waste time looking for you.
- You must enter and exit the bus quickly at times. When asked be ready and Move IT.
- Do what you are asked by your chaperones. We are here to help and organize the trip for you.
- Have a great trip one that the Class of 2016 will remember for a lifetime!!